- Silicone Foam Wound Dressing
- hydrocolloid wound dressing
- Hydrogel Wound Dressing
- Alginate wound dressing
- Surgical Incise Dressing
- Medical Adhesive Tape
- I.V. Cannula Fixing dressing
- Transparent Wound Dressing
- Nonwoven wound dressing
- Catheter Fixing Dressing
- Silicone Adhesive tape
- Wound Skin Closure
- Silicone Scar Gel Sheet
- Acne Patch
- Pain Relief patches
- Cold Therapy Products
- Functional Herbal patches
- Medical raw material roll
- Stoma care series
- Eye Patch
Proper Cleaning And Use of Appropriate Wound Dressing
Researchers at the Johns Hopkins hospital studied a group of 191 children who had MRSA. The children were given different types of antibiotics but the doctors learned that properly caring for your wound by keeping it clean was more important than the type of antibiotics used. Almost 95 % of the study patients recovered within a week irrespective of the sort of antibiotic used.
'The good news constantly that no matter which antibiotic we gave, nearly all skin infections cleared up fully within a week,' said study lead investigator Aaron Chen, M.D. 'The better news might be that good low-tech wound care, cleaning, draining and keeping the infected area clean, is what truly makes the difference between rapid healing and persistent infection.'
The results of such a study are significant because in recent years, the use of antibiotics to treat wound infections as well type of infections has increased beyond any doubt. While antibiotics are life savers in many instances, they have also serious side effects especially promoting drug resistance. It has really become quite evident from this study that basic wound care including proper cleaning and the use of wound dressings are central to the effective management of chronic wounds.
Thanks to technological advances in the field of health care, there are now several wound dressing choices available. Unpredicted of wrapping a wound with gauze and medical recording. Dressings like Duoderm and Tegaderm are probably the best and in most cases used dressings today. Tegaderm is used for treatment of small cuts, lacerations, minor burns, pressure areas, donor sites, post-operative wounds in conjunction with a number of other minor injuries. Is definitely transparent, multilayered, breathable and water-proof.
Some of its primary features include:
- It reduces the should really frequently change the dressing and will eventually be worn for up to seven days
- A great a barrier against contaminants and bacteria but while allows the passage to oxygen
- Clear film makes it simplallows you to monitor wounds for changes and complication like infections
- It doesn't decompose planet wound
- It's available in many shapes and sizes for convenient application to wounds in difficult locations
- It cause discomfort upon removal